About FSD Centre
I n April 2016, the management of the College in line with its newly formed partnership with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL),
established a Flexible Skills Development Centre. The Centre caters for all aspects of Flexible Learning in the College. It also liaises with the academic
departments to develop and offer Short Flexible Courses to learners with the aim of empowering learners to earn sustainable livelihood.
In furtherance of its objectives, the Centre developed five (5) Short Flexible Courses which are targeted at the youths and other interested members of our
immediate environment. The courses have been specially designed to impart vocational and entrepreneurial skills and values on participants/learners to enable
them earn sustainable means of livelihood after completing the courses.
Aside the general objective, each of the short courses has its own specific learning objectives tailored to the needs of its target audience.
Roles FSD Centre
- Promote Skills Development in the College through flexible learning
- Promotes the development of open learning and distance education in the College
- Promote the adoption and use of flexible and blended learning using appropriate technology
- Promote the adoption, use, and development of Open Educational Resources in the College
Activities FSD Centre
- Course Development
- Skills Training for Staff and Students
- Capacity Building for Staff
- Non-formal Training for the community
- Development of Quality resources for education and training