- Course Price
- Place FSD Centre
- Class Size 50 Learners
- Prerequisites Skills Ability to read and write in English Language
- Course Duration 12 Weeks
- Course Start July 25, 2019
- Delivery Method 60% Self-paced and 40 % Instructor-led
This short course will prepare learners to understand vegetable production, cultivate and produce vegetables in commercial quantity as well as establish a lucrative vegetable production business
Vegetables are essential dietary requirements for healthy living. They are sources of vitamins, minerals, fats and to some extent carbohydrate and protein. Nigeria is a large country with very large population with non-farming population concentrated in our big cities all over the country.
Therefore, sustainable intensified vegetable production offers a useful approach to improve food availability given our present situation. Thus, the need for training such as this aimed at sensitizing and re-awakening the consciousness of participants to the need to fully utilize the various gifts of nature that abound in our rural and urban communities for sustainable livelihood.
At the completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Classify and explain the medicinal, nutritional and economic importance of vegetables
- Cultivate vegetable seedbeds
- Process, sow vegetable seeds and nurture them to maturity
- Harvest, preserve, process and market major vegetables of economic importance
- Establish a profitable vegetable farm
School leavers, Unemployed youths, Retirees, Business men/women, Traders, Office/Factory workers, Housewives, Artisans, Undergraduates.
Requirements to be provided by learners
|Cutlass and Hoe||1|
|Half a plot of Land||1|